Monday, January 5, 2015

Our New Year's Resolution

 Our New Year's Resolution

A resolution is a decision people make to do or not do something. Many people take time on New Year's to make resolutions for the upcoming year. They ponder, or think, about things they would like to learn, activities they would like to do, or new habits they would like to create. 

 Eating 3 servings of fruits a day or exercising twice a week may be a good resolution for someone who is committed to having a healthier year. 
What is your New Year's resolution?

Many people intend to keep their resolutions, but after a few months begin to forget. Be sure to make  a resolution you can accomplish!
How can you ensure you keep your resolution for the year? 

Please answer BOTH questions in complete sentences. Challenge yourself by using compound sentences.  

What is a compound sentence?





1. A sentence that combines two shorter sentences (so has TWO subjects) 
2. It joins the two sentences with a conjunction (and, or, but, so, since) 
3. The comma goes BEFORE the conjunction.

9 comments:

  1. Dear Class,
    My New Years resolution is to eat healthier and work out to lose body fat.
    I can remember my resolution by writing it on paper and reading it daily to remind me to watch what I eat and exercise. I have fun exercising with my friends so I hope you will all join me.
    From Evan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Evan,
      I think that your New Year's resolution is a pertinent one. Many people don't see the value in exercising and eating healthy. Good luck!

      Mrs. B

      Delete
  2. Dear Class,

    My New Year's Resolution is to eat less sweets. One way for me to remember this resolution is to write it on a piece of paper and put it on my bulletin board next to my bed. Another way for me to remember is to listen to my mother.

    Happy New Year,

    Teddi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Teddi,
      Sweets are a difficult thing to stay away from. I myself have quite a sweet tooth. I think that your idea of writing your resolution on a piece of paper and keeping it by your bed is a great one. However, I think listening to your mother is an even better resolution that can apply to more than just staying away from candy!

      Sweetly,
      Mrs. B

      Delete
  3. Dear Mrs Broussard,

    My New Years resolution is to help my mom around the house with the cooking and the cleaning. To ensure that I do this properly, I will write down on the first day of each month what I am going to do to help my mom out. It will be fun spending the extra time with my mom learning so many new things.

    Warmly,
    Jordyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear, Class

    My New Years resolution is to eat healthy foods,such as fruits and veggies. My second New Years resolution is to learn new thing and become a better reader. My third New Years resolution is to exercise 2 days a week or three or maybe the whole week.
    Love,
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Abby,
      I think your ideas are very commendable. How will you remember to practice these new habits each day? What are some ways you plan on exercising? I would like to hear some ideas. You might be able to inspire me since one of my resolutions was to exercise also.

      resolved to exercise,
      Mrs. B

      Delete
  5. Dear Mrs. Broussard,

    My new year's resolution is to focus more in class, and at home. I can ensure that I keep my resolution by writing the word "focus" down on a note or post it, and reading it throughout the day will help me to remember to focus.

    Love,
    Sophia N.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Room 9,

    Buon pomeriggio, which means good afternoon. I am so exciting to be learning about Italy because when I am 12 years old my Nonna will be taking me their on a special trip. Since Italy has very good pizza, pasta and cheese I will be so happy eating all my meals. Delizioso!!

    Calorosamente,
    Jordyn

    ReplyDelete