Wednesday, October 29, 2014






Who Will Visit on Character Dress Up Day?

Photo by Mrs. Yollis





 

This Friday is Character Dress Up Day at our school! 

 In class, we have been talking about the various characters we have read about! This brainstorm helped some of us decide who will be on Friday.  Some people are characters from our reading textbook like Anthony Reynoso, Ms. Gernsblatt, or Mulan. Others are from chapter or picture books. I've heard that Cam Jansen, Katie Kazoo, and even Harry Potter will be in attendance this Friday! 

Have you decided what character you will transform into this Friday? 

 Leave a comment as if you are the character! What name tag will you be wearing? What props will you use in the classroom? Tell us a little about yourself! Who are you excited to meet?

4 comments:

  1. Dear friends and goat herders,

    My name is Heidi. I live on a mountain in Switzerland with by grandfather. Eventually I will be taken away from him to live as a caretaker for someone else. This will make me sad. I really enjoy my life on the mountain. I especially like the goats and the flowers. I an excited to meet Horrible Harry, Hermione, and Harry Potter.

    Love, Heidi aka Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear secret admirer,

    My name is Mandy and I live in an orphanage. I have unique personality and character traits such as curiosity and gentleness. I am excited to come to Chaparral because I hope that I will find my secret admirer who leaves me notes in the cottage. I will wear a pink dress with a blue bow and a straw hat with blue ribbon. I will bring my gardening tools to help me tend to my cottage. Maybe my admirer will be Cam Jensen, Hermione or a chef. The weather is getting cold and I must sneak back to the orphanage now so I don’t get caught. I’m looking forward to meeting everyone Friday!

    With love and hope,
    Mandy aka Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mandy (aka Zoe),
      My name is Cam Jansen, my real name is Jennifer Jansen. I look forward to spending the day at Chaparral Elementary with you tomorrow. I love to solve mysteries with my best friend Eric. What do you like to do? Do you ever solve mysteries with friends? I am going to wear a blue t-shirt with shorts and I have orange hair. Now I must go to bed, see you real soon.
      Sincerely,
      Cam (aka Jordyn)

      Delete
  3. Dear Witches and Wizards,

    My name is Harry Potter and I go to Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I am looking forward to going to Chaparral Elementary school because I miss non-magic schools and I want to learn non-magic things. I live with my aunt Petunia, my uncle Vermon, and my cousin Dudley.They treat me like I am nothing and they make me live in a room that is a cupboard. I am so glad to escape from there every year and go to Hogwarts. I look forward to meeting Horrible Harry, Katie Katie Kazoo, and Mandy when I visit Chaparral tomorrow.

    From,
    Harry Potter aka Ben

    ReplyDelete